What is ORM (Online Reputation Management)?
So many definitions and so many people are still confuses what is ORM or Online Reputation Management.
Let me simplified the whole concept of ORM and try to make it very simple and transparent. “Reputation is what people see you what read about you and by virtue of the same they generate the image as per their gathered information from various sources.
So Online Reputation is “To acquire the maximum space on web with more positive way with clear intended branding objective for a product, service or a individual that is controllable and manageable”
Its now in practice and human nature that to know a brand or a personality, we dig on web and read contents that are there on web, and our imagination go in the same way and we create a image or reputation of the same the way we read and see it. Next time when it comes to our sight, our mind pokes to those contexts and create same image. This is how reputation gets built or destroyed in the eyes of public.
Today, I am going to talk about Online Reputation Management. It is the reputation management of a brand or an individual who have more exposure on web. The procedure is done in regards to those searches which are done for such queries.
Let me explain in more relevant way-
Simple Rules of ORM
As there was no concept of ORM way back in 2000 or 2004 on web, I have observed with my knowledge earned in these years that “A good ORM process is the need of the day and can be done by understanding the concept, whether you need it for immediate solution or for long term and understanding the objective. This process includes careful selection of platforms that are available on web and can be used to distribute the contents which are again carefully created contents and then putting those contents on controllable and manageable platform available on web and make sure it convey the desired objective like for branding and positive reputation without leaving loose ends. Selection of these web based platforms should be carefully chosen, creation of content should be engaging and aspiring and realistic in nature. Segments of putting those contents should be perfectly programmed and aligned with the branding and objectives.
What is more interesting I find about Online Reputation Management is that it has greater effect then doing simple Social Media or SEO. ORM by virtue of careful mixture of Creative Content, SEO, SMO and other, not only takes your position to the top of the list but also create a brand value that eventually increase trust value in the same.
My top list of actions that I can Suggest to Do in ORM Process?
- Clearly define the objective of ORM and so carefully creating the right content that can go public and create right reputation for a brand or an individual even as desired.
- Then to choosing the right platform on web which are suitable of such reputation process, like Social Media platforms, PR sites, News sites, rating sites, review sites, blog sites, other sites, Web PR or even micro sites. The basic thing that has to be taken care here is to make sure that these platforms should be controllable to avoid future problem as more exposure you have more loose ends are there too.
- Now how to Create Micro Blogging Sites– Provide a substantial identification at first by creating a micro websites and make sure all of them are sync in nature of Reputation Process and should be enough to accommodate your objectives. After doing this, create an impact full image of the survivor through your strong language and texts.
- Social Media Platforms– Social media platforms help a lot in increasing the PR value of the brand. Putting a relevant and expressive content on social media platforms is done to aware the public about a brand in a right manner. As social media through its fast communication ability eradicates negative image of the brand made so far.
- Posting positive reviews on different review sites generate an improved image of the brand and for corporate there has to be a process ot deal with customer grivances rather just commenting.
Employ these techniques for your next ORM assignment; I am sure you will have desirable results using integrated SEO and SMO